Limited to just 8 pairs. £495 per person / £985 per pair
For those, like me, that have never visited the battlefields and memorials in Belgium and France, this is a not just a look-see.
This is a fully guided experience with a highly qualified military historian who served in the armed forces.
Throw in two lovely hotels and two outstanding links courses:
Princes - a former Open Championship venue
Littlestone - a current Open qualifying venue
you have the makings of a terrific tour!
This unique trip includes:
2 rounds of great links golf - Littlestone & Princes
2 days guided tour of the Battlefields
2 night Dinner Bed & Breakfast at the Kings Head in Deal
1 night Bed & Breakfast at the Albion Hotel in Ypres.
Return Ferry crossing to France.
Return Mini-Coach travel from Calais to Ypres, Ypres to Arras and Arras to Calais.
Only £455 per person ( based on two sharing a twin room)
Guests are free to make their own decisions about:
Dinner on June 11th in Ypres.
Lunch in Ypres on June 11th & Arras on June 11th
Philip Ventham will be our Battlefields Tour Guide
Philip is a former British Army Officer with a specific interest in the First World War and has both MA and MPhil degrees in military history. He has been studying and undertaking battlefield studies for a number of years. He is a member of the British Commission for Military History and the Western Front Association.
DAY ONE: YPRES SALIENT
THEMES: Context of the British northern sector, role of the Ypres Salient; the first gas attack on British forces, April 1915, effect & consequences; mine warfare 1916-1917; the Third Ypres (Paschendaele) offensive July- October 1917; the cost-Tyne Cot Cemetery & Menin Gate Memorial; commemoration-the Last Post Ceremony at the Menin Gate Memorial, Ypres.
- 12.00 Meet at Albion Hotel Ypres, Briefing on the day’s activities
- Lunch at Hooge Crater cafe
- Visit Hill 60 – gas attack April 1915
- Visit Tyne Cot Cemetery and Memorial and information Centre
- Return to Ypres , evening meal
- 19.30 assemble at the Menin Gate for the Last Post Ceremony @ 20.00
- Evening in Ypres
- Overnight hotel in Ypres
THEMES: Context of the Arras Offensive April – May 1917; role of the Canadian Forces; underground warfare
- Breakfast in hotel, buy packed lunches in Ypres
- Drive to Arras, (approx 50 miles/1¼ hours) meet at Canadian Memorial Park, Vimy Ridge. Briefing on the Arras Offensive.
- Conducted tour of the underground tunnels visit reconstructed trenches at Vimy Ridge
- Lunch at Vimy Ridge
- Conducted Tour of the Wellington Quarries underground complex and information centre.
- Depart for Calais.
Day 1- Monday 10th June
Littlestone Golf Club
- 12.00 - Meet in the club house for a light lunch.
- 13.00 - 13.30 Golf - 4ball Betterball Stableford: Prizes for the top 3 pairs, longest drive, nearest the pin & two's
- 18.30- Depart for Deal
- 20.00 - Dinner & overnight at the Kings Head Hotel, Deal
Day 2 - Tuesday 11th June
- 08.00am Mini coach to Dover
- 09.30 Ferry to Calais
- 12.00am Battlefield tour day
- Overnight in Albion Hotel Ypres
Day 3 - Wednesday 13th June
- 09:00 - Mini coach to Arras
- 10.00 - Battlefield tour
- 16.00 - Return to Calais
- 18.00 Ferry to Dover
- 20.00 - Dinner and overnight at the Kings Head in Deal
Day 4 - Thursday 14th June
Princes Golf Club
- 09:30 - 10.10 Golf at Princes - 4ball Betterball Stableford. Prizes for the top 3 pairs, longest drive, nearest the pin & two's
Monday 10th - Thursday 13th June 2019
Kent & France Golf & Battlefields
£100 Deposit paid
£810 Balance paid
|Tony Bishop x 2|
PLEASE PAY £100 DEPOSIT AT THE TIME OF BOOKING USING THE PAYPAL BUTTON BELOW:
THE BALANCE IS £405 PER Person / £810 PER pair
PLEASE PAY THE BALANCE BY 1ST May 2019 BY B.A.C.S. TO:
ACCOUNT A.E. BISHOP
NUMBER: 1283 1964
SORT CODE: 55-91-00
REFERENCE; TEAM CAPTAINS NAME